Latest News » Keeping Safe During Severe Weather
FOLD RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING PRECAUTIONS DURING THE COLD WEATHER:
• Keep warm with hot drinks and meals and avoid unnecessary travel.
• Ensure you have sufficient supplies of food, fuel and essential medication.
• Keep your home warm and avoid unnecessary trips outside.
• Ask a relative or neighbour for help if you require it and stay in touch by phone.
• If you must go out, wear warm clothing and well-fitting shoes with a non-slip sole.
• Warmth offers the best protection against frozen pipes so keep your house warm.
• Keep a small supply of non perishable, easy-to-prepare foods.
• Have a shovel and bag of salt to keep paths clear and safe.
• Have batteries for torches in the event of power cuts.
• Fill a water container to ensure a supply of drinking water.
• Have emergency contact numbers to hand (see below).
• Leave a key and contact details with neighbours or family if you are going away.
Outside normal office hours please contact TeleCare in the event of an emergency on 048 904 21010.
Please see below for other Emergency Contacts
1800 772 729
Water Services Contact
If you smell Gas
Support and Advocacy Service for Older People
Tallaght and Ternure
Chestnut Lodge, Latchford, Phibblestown